Friday, February 1, 2013

Not Hi's stamp of approval






When our kids were young we went to those booths and took silly pictures and they gave us funny names that sounded like something but were spelled like names.  I can't believe I didn't realise that Not Hi Ng was nothing!  It took receiving my first parcel to put two and two together! I love Not Hi's idea of an institute of agnosticism and the concept of insignificance and accept my award graciously! 

What I sent Not Hi was some trash I found here on the farm, fashioned in a Picasso tribute.  What Carl Andre would call ‘imitation’. I listened Andre on the Today programme (BBC)  where he explained that he feels that art ‘isn't the number of people who like your work, it's whether the work is any good or not."  Luckily Not Hi has commended my nothingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment