Wednesday, March 11, 2015

2 pieces from Marie Wintzer's new series!




It must be something about this time of year but I seem to be getting a higher percentage of postcards, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to get one from Marie Wintzer, but somehow I am.  And then two, that's curious. There is a lot about these postcards that SAYS Marie. There is plenty of that RED she uses sometimes but the most Marie aspect for me is the careful composition and the crafted (obscure) words. I do know what the words say and wonder whether they allude to a writer/creativity block that befuddles so many of us in the depths of winter. A way of being when it's as much as we can do to get the washi tape out and compose with it, when it's as much as we can do to doodle, or find things on the ground and put them in envelopes. Even when we try to make things for the museum of bad mail art, some of just can't pull it off. Marie, it's great to hear from you and now I better get in the mail art mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment