Wednesday, June 3, 2015

No nonsense from Carina Granlund!



I spy a few DKult Doodles

Those of you who have known me for a while know that I like to delay mail art gratification.  Or maybe I like to reward myself when in the depths of chaos, so refrain from opening until I can savour the contents.  Whichever is true, I got home from my busy but wonderful day in a school and couldn't wait to open and finally scan this from Carina!  I have had it since I got back from America, I think.

You may be able to tell that it is a fat envelope, the scan goes a bit out of focus at the edges.  Delicious mail.  Around the wrapped package I found these: a collage, some painting trashpo,  and doodle therapy, perhaps.  I also got an exciting note from Carina which I can't reveal but will respond to privately!






The package contained what Carina calls a 'nonsense book'.  I know it as a 'Japanese Ledger' (that's the form not the material).  I know this because THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN MAKING WITH THE KIDS TODAY! And somehow I managed to get them to do some collab doodles too! OH Mail art, oh Ideas, oh my network! This gorgeous little bookie is 10.5 x 2.5 cm and adorable!















I apologize for two things.  my scan is out of focus because the book is so fat and wants to life up when opened flat and the colour is grey because I don't have the time to fix them in photoshop.  But that doesn't mean I don't love them.  I have the original and it is perfect.  Ha ha.  Huge thanks to Carina and hopefully after a few more days of schools and a few open studios activities later I will get back in good blogging form! 

But look at these kids (doodling dervishes) and aesthetic sensations!




No comments:

Post a Comment