Thursday, October 27, 2016

A lesson in scraps - NBS

When I get an envelope like this, I get goosebumps.  I was so happy to hear from Nancy Bell Scott that I messaged her at IUOMA. Mail from Nancy is always a lesson, not a didactic lesson, a subtle you shouldn't be trying so hard, natural is better, stop TRYING SO HARD. She makes beauty feel effortless.  She helps me to see the mundane differently.  She is just unique.
This arrived folded , like a palm sized card


I have stuff all over the place in my studio and I couldn't help but arrange nancy's scraps and card in a little still life.
I see the sky.

One of two three-scraps

two of two three-scraps



backs

As ever text and colour, line and form combine to make jewels to marvel at.

2 comments:

  1. Your descriptive powers re: art and how it affects you, and why, are ultra-enviable, Rebecca! And educational. And much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your descriptive powers re: art and how it affects you, and why, are ultra-enviable, Rebecca! And educational. And much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete