Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Meet me at Dan Lynch or La Jolla

 Our daughter joined a choir again.  I think it's a Greek choir in Glasgow. Our son doesn't have time this year; his schedule, as a junior doctor, is unpredictable.  Although I don't play any instruments and don't belong to a choir, the practice of music is something I esteem, and that esteem seems to have translated to our children.  What I'm trying to say is that if I were near Jude Weirmeir, I'm sure someone in our family would be high-tailing it to the corner of La Jolla Village Drive and Genesse to Learn the Blues. Would they be singing or playing them?

I love that concept, learning the blues, can you REALLY teach that? I thought the blues was embodied. 

When I lived in NYC I used to go to a place called Dan Lynch to listen to the blues. I understand it has closed.  That makes me sad.  I used to get right up close, shoes filling with sawdust. I also adore the puns on this mailing: the cow horns and 'meet'; 'fame and fortune guaranteed, the antithesis of singing the blues, And also the fab aesthetic above and below.
I am reminded that if I don't get my skates on and send some mail art to Jude, he will give up on me!
Huge thanks as ever.  My excuse this time is I am obsessed my Donna Tart's The Goldfinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment