Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Some definitions from The Sticker dude

image by Jerry Kerns, art direction by Joel S Cohen

 It's a little late in the day for me to choose the exact words and to put them in the correct order, and Joel's mail art demands (in a nice way) a full communion to get all its potency. As I see this assemblage of mail art from Joel,  I try to coalesce it under a heading. I notice plenty of negatives and an oxymoronic slant  to Joel's stickers. After all, when was the last time you thought shovelling sh***t was affirmative? Antifolk, neo dada, anti fictional, one thing's for sure, we are in protest mode. My takeaway feeling is that the only thing that will get us out of this mess is humour and LOVE FOREVER, mail art and putting that add and pass that Joel sent in the post tomorrow!


Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment